sâmbătă, 24 septembrie 2016



I let my heart to rose growers
Ecaterina Bargan

I do not want dependencies.
I do not want obsessions.
I do not love at high frequency.
I would have wanted to fill the empty space
of my adolescence with chemistry and biology,
to have attended the club of the neurology enthusiasts
to have walked through the ashes in the forest
not so as to blink verses on fascinating sunsets,
but for the herbarium.

In the evening to draw bones and organs
at the lamplight,
and in the morning to make up
complicated physiological schemes
so as to memorize them
and to easily stupefy
teachers for the following 10 years,
for their own good, they’d better
have been fish sellers.

I wish I never spoke about
what burns us / touches us
or make us cry,
never give in be devoured by your bald intentions.

I’d wish, when I look at the shifting wind turbines
before which rises and falls a frail
small group of birds,
not to see in this anything beautiful or literary
and when I cross the country with lots of waterfalls,
to break forth: "uh, these have free water
and pay only 4 cents per kilowatt energy."
not to see the point in walking on the beach
without a metal detector.

to feel, instead of heat, the solar principles,
not to decant my pain into beauty,
not to burn for the sake of the eternal desire to burn,
in the avant-garde manner, for others.
Not to see the sky, even if I close my eyes,
to stop the snow fall of devastating images
on the surface of memories that
in endless and repeated times
make the heart tremble.

History is irrelevant.
We could all be incinerated, together
with our books.

Hematopoiesis
Ecaterina Bargan

I was in the biochemistry lab
and our teacher
reminded us that the erythrocyte
lives for 120 days.
The teacher continues to draw something on the board,
and my mind was only
at the fact that the answer is this.


I just have to wait 120 days
until my erythrocytes who are in love with you
will be destroyed and replaced by others
new, out of love with you.
All that I had to do,
was not to write to you all this time.
I did this.

Each day I kept silent
was a miracle to me
as big as
the appearance of a double rainbow in the sky,
like the launch of the Hubble telescope,
as electronic chips
or genetic engineering.
I was proud of every day that passed
in silence and I had the courage
to make an appointment for dialysis only if I had known that in such a way
I could have finished what I had with you more rapidly.
The days began to turn
into weeks and then into months.
25 trillion red blood cells in love with you
were extinguished
like soldiers under the guns
of the Second World War.

Now I see a stretched field, peaceful,
without people, without endeavors,
without seven circles
passing consistently through hell
for you.

I walk slowly, not pushin my steps out,
indifferent
on the spine
of an autumn
of which I hope
will be everlasting.

They got off to sleep
Ecaterina Bargan

Night hours are filled with people who sleep.
Sleeping hours are filled with dreams.

We dream alike.

Almost everyone in his sleep commited a perfect crime
with unknown offerings, then got up at a quarter past 10,
and the morning seemed to him squalid, sinister and sloppy.

Almost everyone in his sleep felt the stagger of calf’s teeth
the low teeth, the teeth between canine, the teeth that stagger acutely
and fall plainly, almost involuntarily.
Two theeth,
You see them in the palm after you slowly joggle them
with fingers of your right hand
and you think you are too young for something like that

and you think of the young girl’s mouth bitten by the rats
in Benn’s poem, and you wake up in your smooth bed,
in your beautiful pijama, you wake up with toothache.

You know fair youth wasn’t the young girl’s
But that of the family of rats they found food in
Her gut and that doesn’t make you a bit sad.

The window is wet. The cars break through in the street out of insomnia, cries and the worries that pinch sweaty skin. Down there in the yard, outdoors in the dark
A man cries, his voice like a famished and hoarse cat.
He lives in a nightmare. He now lives your nightmare from four years ago, maybe the same drama, maybe more earnest, maybe more bowed.

For him the fall could be more abrupt, the end more decayed,
the delusion more vivid. He can hear his iwn heart beat. His lungs are filled with night. The rain cleans off only the skin.
His eyes turbid.

The dream is not really a dream. The dream is a nightmare. The nighmare more true than it seems. People sleep in their heated houses.

Traducator: Monica Stoica, pentru siteul: http://subcapitol.ro/

Niciun comentariu: